Stacy Lee

Come

Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
~Mathew 11:28-30

I've been meditating on Psalm 23 lately. I know it has become such a cliche--which is why I believe God has had me meditate over it to find the real meaning. I think about David's life and what he has been through. God especially brought to mind David's time in the wilderness when he was running away from King Saul who was trying to kill him. The Lord brought to my attention that while David was running away for his life in the wilderness, his cup still ran over. Although David was waiting to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living, his cup still ran over. Why? Why did David's cup still run over while he was on the run for fear of his life and away from his home land? It was because David had God in his heart. Our circumstances are not what make our cup run over. It is the Lord! That's why it is so important that we come to God time and time again and allow Him to not only fill our cup--but to cause our cup to overflow. It's not our circumstances that fill us up and make us whole or bring us joy--it is the Lord. If we stand on the Lord for our joy, happiness, hope, and overflowing cups in our lives, then our circumstances will not have the power to bring us down. This is a very challenging thing to accomplish in our lives but it is so worth it. Can you imagine the intimacy we can have with God if we just let Him come and fill our cups no matter what desert or wilderness we are in? Jesus says, "Come. Let Me fill your cup." All the praise and the honor and the glory go to Him! I'm so glad that as a Christian, I don't have to live my life being happy or miserable based on circumstances. I can base my emotions and feelings on God--on the only Rock who cannot be moved. This is security. This is building upon the rock and not the sands of circumstances. This is God!!!

"For this is God,
Our God forever and ever;
He will be our guide
Even to death."
~Psalm 48:14

Bookmark and Share
0 Responses