Stacy Lee

I Will Bring You Home

“The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.”

“The sorrows for the appointed feasts
I will remove from you;
they are a burden and a reproach to you.

At that time I will deal
with all who oppressed you;
I will rescue the lame
and gather those who have been scattered.
I will give them praise and honor
in every land where they were put to shame.

At that time I will gather you;
at that time I will bring you home.
I will give you honor and praise
among all the peoples of the earth
when I restore your fortunes
before your very eyes,”
says the LORD.
~Zephaniah 3:17-20

The only healthy fear in a Christian's life is that of God. Our God can move mountains, so what are we so afraid of and worried about in this life? Sometimes we ask ourselves, "When can I finally move forward and be where I need to be in life? Why can't I have it now?" We start to panic about our circumstances. We run around asking advice for everyone in the world except for going to the one person who can give us an answer: God.

God will bring you home. Many times when we say we are waiting on Him we realize that God is really waiting for US. We should come before God humbly and ask, "Lord grant me wisdom and revelation in all things and reveal to my heart what needs to change before I can be restored and brought home to You." God is always faithful and will not let us fall, but so much of it depends on how willing we are to let God change our hearts. The problem is not with God. The problem is not with our circumstances. The problem is with us. We have to be fully surrendered to His Will and Purposes for our lives. Have I made my heart so hard like cement that God cannot change it? My heart should be that of soil, so when God plants seeds of His Love, Word, and Faith they can all freely take root and grow and push through the soil and become a firm foundation for a tree to grow on. The problem is not with waiting on God. The problem is with us. Are we allowing God to change our hearts so we are ready to be brought home to whatever that area is of His promise? He WILL bring us home, but He is waiting on us.

Let's bring our hearts of cement to God and ask Him to change them into hearts of rich soil so His Word can take a firm root and grow powerfully in our vessels for His Glory. Afterall, we are not really waiting for God, God is waiting for us to change. We have to allow Him to change us for His purposes and Glory. Amen.
Labels: , | edit post
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Stacy,

    In Spanish, "mi casa es su casa" means "my home is your home", but if you capitalize the S it means "my home is His home."

    Beautiful piece and devotion.

    Blessings hermana (sister),

    Becky