Stacy Lee

The King's Humility

Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve,
and to give His life as a ransom for many.
~Matthew 20:28

I want to reflect on how humble the Lord is. He humbles Himself by coming from Heaven to Earth to reach His children. Then, He lives a life of service while He is here. The Creator bows down to the creation and washes the feet of the disciples which was the job of slaves at the time (John 13). Next, Jesus dies on the cross so all of humanity can have the opportunity to get right with the Father and spend eternity in Heaven if they accept Him as Savior. They say, cursed is anyone who hangs on a tree. The Lord of All dies in shame to reconcile Himself to His creation. He certainly didn't have too. But He loved us that much.

What kind of love is this?

The Lord is so humble. He goes to great, painful lengths to be in relationship with us. I remember a time in my life when I was serving someone I was working for. I was so tired and weary from all my service, and I felt it wasn't appreciated. I told the Lord that I wished my service was appreciated after all the hard work and hours I had put into it. While I prayed I saw a vision of a young man with milk and cookies on a tray. I asked the Lord who that was and He said, "It is Me. I have come to serve you. Let me serve you." He is so sweet! The God of the entire universe cares about serving me? The Lord is so humble! He serves us constantly and yet we fail to have eyes to see. I challenge you to look around you and see how the Lord is humbling Himself to serve you and be in relationship with you. Don't take Him for granted. Get on your knees and thank Him today!

We love you Lord!

0 Responses