Stacy Lee
This is the third time I've been officially snowed in during winter of this year. At first, I was frustrated over the craziness of rearranging my schedule. But now, I realize that this is all a part of God's grace. I am so thankful for these days of rest. I've gotten caught up on some art things that I've wanted time to do for a long time. I spent time today redesigning my website. I hope it will be up by the end of the month. I will keep you posted.

The woman with the violin series comes to a close now with this:

A Place to Rest

“In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength.”
Isaiah 30:15

Jesus says, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30

Thank you, Lord, for Your rest and Your tender mercies. I'm amazed at how if we are not careful, we will miss some of God's blessings. Being snowed in has turned into a wonderful gift from the Lord. Having extra free time makes me realize how much more I desire to be with God and spend more time with Him. I pray that we will continually have our eyes open and our ears open to see God blessing us--sometimes in strange ways. He is a good God. Unexpected blessings occur all the time. Let's not miss them. Let us devote our time to the Lord and rest in His presence and awesome Holiness!

Lord willing, the next artwork I will do will be on patience. He's been teaching me so much about patience lately in my quiet time and in life's circumstances!

I leave you with this scripture to meditate on:

But He gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
"God opposes the proud
but gives grace to the humble."
~James 4:6


Bookmark and Share

2 Responses
  1. Smeave Says:

    Wonderful job, Stacers! Patience is indeed a wonderful virtue. :-)


  2. Thank you for this post. With it I have prayed for a friend using the Bible verses from Isaiah and Matthew. She did say to storm the heavens ... a snowstorm will do just fine! As for snow, I love it. Friends know me as the self-proclaimed Queen of Narnia. Glad to have discovered your blog.