Stacy Lee

The Heart of Worship

The Lord says:
“These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.
Therefore once more I will astound these people
with wonder upon wonder;
the wisdom of the wise will perish,
the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish.”
~Isaiah 29:13-14

The song goes: “I’m coming back to the heart of worship, where it’s all about You, it’s all about You Jesus. I’m sorry Lord for the thing I’ve made it, when it’s all about You, it’s all about You Jesus.” Matt Redman

It's Christmastime, are you ready? It's a hard time every year in the struggle to maintain the JOY that the birth of Jesus Christ brings. We get bogged down with the shopping lists, wrapping presents, mailing cards, relatives and family coming over, etc. It can be a stressful time. This Christmas let us look within our hearts and make time to REST at the feet of Jesus Christ. Let us rest in His love, care and salvation. Let's make this Christmas all about Him since it is after all His birthday :)

The longer I walk with God the more I realize that the Christian life is all about a relationship with Jesus Christ. It is out of that relationship and intimacy with Him that I become one with the Father, and I am armed with the mind of Christ (like the Apostle Paul urged us to have the mind of Christ in us (Philippians 2:5)). Once I am one with the Father and armed with the mind of Christ, I no longer have to come to God asking what His Will is--I just know. Thus, out of loving Christ and being one with God we naturally know His Will, and we naturally obey. Thus, if you want to know what God's Will is for you this season, focus on your intimacy with Him. As you grow in His love you will just know what it is He wants.

"If anyone loves me, they will obey me. Then my Father will love them, and we will come to them and live in them. " ~John 14:23


Bookmark and Share
0 Responses