Stacy Lee

Habakkuk's Watchtower

“I will stand my watch
And set myself on the rampart,
And watch to see what He will say to me,
And what I will answer when I am corrected.”
~Habakkuk 2:1

This is obviously a very contemporary, modern take on this particular scripture. God formulated this piece to show the issue of prayer, the heart (which is on the line literally and symbolically) and time. Wait. Watch. God reminds me time and time again, if we really love Him, we will be willing to wait for Him. Waiting on God sends the message that "No, I won't take matters into my own hands, I will wait on the Lord because I trust Him. He is always good and will always take care of His children no matter what." The reality is, we CAN wait on the Lord when He tells us to wait because we can trust a God who is always good.

Scriptures to go along with this:

Be still before the LORD
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes. ~Psalm 37:7

Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.
For evildoers shall be cut off;
But those who wait on the LORD,
They shall inherit the earth. ~Psalm 37: 8&9

Trust in the LORD, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart. ~Psalm 37: 3-4

Waiting and trust go hand in hand. If I trust God, it is no problem for me to wait for Him when He says wait. In fact, it is a delight to do the will of a God who is personally available to us and who loves us unconditionally. I don't think we have any idea the wonderful things that God has planned for all of us:

Since ancient times no one has heard,
no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen any God besides you,
who acts on behalf of those who wait for him. ~Isaiah 64:4

God has such amazing plans for us that we can't really even imagine them--they are THAT amazing! Remember this when you are in the valley and when you are in a season of waiting. Go on the watchtower--watch and wait there like Habakkuk. He will answer you. But we all have to be willing to wait.

You have given me greater joy
than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine. ~Psalm 4:7

If we wait, one day we can sing this with David:
I've thrown myself headlong into your arms— I'm celebrating your rescue. I'm singing at the top of my lungs, I'm so full of answered prayers. Psalm 13:5-6 The Message



Bookmark and Share
1 Response
  1. SilverVines Says:

    Thank you, I -truly- appreciate such a heartfelt post, especially the scripture that followed.